Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bill Maher on John Stewarts FALSE EQUIVALENCY Nov 5, 2010

I was for the Rally For Sanity. I was Pro-Sanity Restoration. But then as the event itself played out, it became more and more clear that the Rally wasn't actually about anything other than preaching passive acceptance. I mean, the Mythbusters made people do the wave? Ozzy? Oh and a few spots of time when Stewart actually said stuff that felt sort of true. But mostly it was passive, useless advice that, to me basically claimed each side has equal examples of polarizing insanity. I wouldn't go as far to call that "shtick" or "hackney", but its just plain not true. This closing statement from Real Time with Bill Maher should be given its own category at the Emmy's, be chosen as the only nominee, and win the award. Twice.

1 comment: