Search This Blog

Friday, February 20, 2009

I can't sleep for shit anymore.

So, it's 6:10 am. I can't sleep. I never sleep anymore. I worked as a transporter for a year. After a year of non-stop driving, you start to miss sleep. Then it doesn't matter at all. To make matters worse, I have access to the internet 24 hours a day. It facilitates my strange sleep habits quite nicely. YouTube alone can help kill a solid two hours if I really fall into the trap of endless clips of breakdancers knocking out kids and retarded kids rap battling. You know what I mean. You've found yourself watching clip after clip of stupid shit. The crazy asian lady who missed her flight. The kung fu hillbilly. Ronald Jenkees. Ghetto Fights. Ah lord, the ghetto fights are classic.

But recently I was put on something that is equally, if not better than YouTube. Bold statement, I know. It's called Stumble Upon. What Stumle Upon is, is a tool bar that you intall on your web browswer. I recommend Mozzila Firefox. So, install the tool bar, then take the personalization survey. It's really more clicking boxes of categories. Then more specific categories based on your previous answers untill the system is able to fine tune your like's an dislike's. Once that's done, the tool bar has a button you click that in turn brings up a web page the system thinks you may enjoy. Click "thumbs up" for good and "down" for bad. After about ten pages and this thing is really and truly sending you to sites you actually find interesting. After just a few days of this application on my browser and I'm finding videos that I had no idea I'd like and I do. Information about subjects I actually find interesting. Instructional tips for knowledge I want to absorb. Whatever I can think of, Stumble Upon hooks me up, man. It's my bro. Need an example? OK! I was moving recently and I wasn't sure if I needed to be careful about tilting my TV. It's a flat screen but I didn't know the Do's and Don'ts about it. In my survey, I told the program about how I owned said TV; in the random pages I stumbled upon, one told me it was OK to tilt LCD TV's. It's plasma's your not supposed to move more than 15 degrees. Word to ya mother, B. Also, did you know that being 24 and having a December birthday means you're more than 700 million seconds old? Nutso.

Well, if you want to waste your time on the net more effectivley, I suggest you check out this application. It's fucking righteous, brah....Jesus H. Christ I need to sleep.


www.stumbleupon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment